PADI SCUBA DIVER COURSE – PLAYAS DEL COCO
The PADI Scuba Diver course is a subset of the PADI Open Water Diver course. If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver rating might be right for you ̶ particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide. This course is an intermediate step for earning an Open Water Diver certification, if that’s your ultimate goal.
PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
How the course works:
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving – just the first three of five sections of the Open Water Diver course.
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills – just the first three of five dives of the Open Water Diver course
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore – just two of four dives of the Open Water Diver course.
It takes only 2 days to complete. This certification is good for life and it will allow you to dive anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 40 ft/12 meters under the supervision of a professional PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Instructor.
What is the difference between this certification and the Open Water certification?
The full Open Water Certification will allow you to dive anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 60ft/18 m without the assistance of a PADI professional. The Scuba Diver Certification will allow you to dive anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 40ft/12m and requires the assistance of a PADI professional.
What do I need to start?
Almost anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Scuba Diver certification.
Minimum age: 10 years old (Junior Scuba Diver) and 15 years old (Scuba Diver)
How can you start learning now?
Enroll in Start Scuba Online and you can start learning right away. Get started now!
Price: $ 300.00 USD
Included in the course price:
- Dive equipment (Mask, Fins, BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Weights)
- Softdrinks, Fruits and snacks on the boat
- Bilingual PADI dive instructor
- Comfortabel and custom designed dive boats with canopy
- All taxes included
Not included in the course price:
- Transfer to dive shop