EFR - EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE
Emergency First Response training focuses on building confidence in lay rescuers and increasing their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. You learn simple to follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a nonstressful learning environment. All courses are supported by self-study manuals, videos and quick reference cards to enhance learning and allow you start learning right away.
EFR courses meet the CPR and first aid training requirements for the PADI Rescue Diver course and all professional-level ratings. The EFR course is based on internationally recognized medical guidelines for emergency care.
The knowledge and skills you get in the Emergency First Response course include:
- Primary Care (CPR)Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) teaches participants how to respond to life-threatening emergencies. The course focuses on primary care through a combination of knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice to make sure participants have the confidence in their ability to provide care when emergency situations arise.
Primary Care (CPR) skills taught in this course:
- Scene Assessment, Barrier Use, Primary Assessment, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Serious Bleeding Management, Shock Management, Spinal Injury Management, Conscious and Unconscious Choking Management.
- Recommended Skills
– Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Use
– Emergency Oxygen Use
- Secondary Care (First Aid)Emergency First Response Secondary Care (first aid) covers injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening. Participants focus on secondary assessment and first aid through knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice.
Secondary Skills taught in this course:
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
This course takes 1 day.
To enroll in Emergency First Response courses, you must Care about other people and want to be able to assist them in a medical emergency
All of our Emergency First Respond Courses are private or semi private. We can start every day you want us to. Stop by at our dive shop to enroll in the course, get your materials and start reading the book. Your PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to, check your progress and make sure you understand important course information.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Emergency Oxygen
- CPR mannequins